Suppose you had created a site and nobody is visiting. Will it be worth creating? No, it will not. That will be the point where you need to consider SEO – the organic way to generate traffic. Of course, you are aware of this concern that’s why you are looking for the better option available for SEO between WordPress and Shopify.
Undoubtedly, WordPress is more flexible with more plugins in it. Also, it will give you more control over things. Meanwhile, Shopify will also let you control essential components of your site SEO but only partially control them as in WordPress. This isn’t it; to get a well-informed choice, you need to know more about whether Shopify or WordPress is better for SEO and who wins among both.
So, without further ado, let’s get into it.
Shopify SEO Features:
Undoubtedly, Shopify can create content that search engines love where you can perform the best SEO practices without having any particular skill. Though a variety of features like optimization of Meta titles, Headings, URLs, Alt texts, Speed, Simple redirects, SSL, and much more are available in it like other platforms, Shopify also has pros and cons in it.
So, before taking any decision, you need to know them in detail.
- Fast loading: The loading time of any site means a lot in SEO and the user’s point of view. Shopify gives you a chance to run your website with a fast loading speed. Achieving this lightweight model could help you a lot in SEO.
- Easy to implement: Shopify is not only providing you with SEO features but also a straightforward backend system that will also make it easy to implement for you. It doesn’t matter whether you are an expert; here, you would also be able to perform the essential SEO functions. And, of course, nobody wants to miss a chance to raise revenue without spending much on professionals.
- SSL included: Will you prefer to use a site that does not even provide a secure connection? No, you don’t; you will bounce back once because everybody wants to protect their data. You will get an SSL certificate that will tell the reader that your site is secure and safe to use, which is a beneficial tactic to say to the search engines that you are trusted. If you are preferring Shopify over WordPress you won’t have to buy an SSL certificate separately as it has a buil-in feature.
- Different SEO apps: Shopify has various apps to use that are specifically built to help you out with SEO functionalities. Yes, that’s why we said you could perform SEO without skill. Undoubtedly, these apps are unique and have created ease in our lives. Some apps can work in a specific country only. For example, you can use cash-on-delivery apps only within a particular country. Of course, these apps are both time savers and life savers.
Not only do they have advantages, but some flaws also exist there.
- Limited Customization: Yes, Shopify will let you control your store, but you can perform just limited SEO functions, which means you don’t have a chance to do a bunch of SEO. You can’t even fully optimize your URL in Shopify because they have predetermined URL structures that you have to follow where creating customized URLs is essential for your site. However, it can be overcome with best SEO practices, but still, Shopify doesn’t have this feature, so it’s a drawback.
- Limits the blogging: One of the most significant drawbacks of Shopify is that it will limit your blogging opportunities, and of course, when you don’t have much more functionalities to perform, your blog will not grow. Still, you can create your blog here, but with limited options, it would be challenging to grow. With that, Shopify is far behind the powerful blogging option WordPress, and for sure, there will be certain flaws that you will have to face in Shopify.
- Expensive: Undoubtedly, Shopify is expensive; it costs $29/month, and for sure, nobody wants to pay much for such a limited and un-easy service; especially when it comes to blogging. So, if your purpose is to get some limited features in an eCommerce store, you can go for it, but again limited features mean just little organic traffic where you might have to run a paid campaign too.
- App reliance: Several apps are available in Shopify that are highly helpful, but they will make you reliant. In short, you can say you will start highly depending on these apps, and not only this meanwhile, but many helpful apps are also paid for that will cost you money. Though these apps are not costly, they will still cost you money.
- Limited Support: For any beginner, customer support matters a lot, but here in Shopify, you will get it for a limited time. The support system of Shopify is not available other than in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, and if you are not from there, you will face problems. To get the answer to your query, you have to write up your problem in a form, submit it to them, and wait for the response; they will get back to you.
WordPress SEO Features:
WordPress has countless SEO features with a wide range of 57000+ available plugins; not only this, most of them are free to use. So, undoubtedly WordPress is a complete package, but just like any other platform, some advantages and disadvantages also exist. Let’s discuss them first.
- Endless optimization: The number one benefit of WordPress is that you can perform ongoing optimization with a massive range of options which means you can create a fully optimized blog or eCommerce store. Here the sky’s the limit for you; no need to be bound. Just jump into it and start optimizing wherever you want. And the ability to edit every part of your site will not only give you a chance to customize it entirely, but also you can dominate the Google rankings.
- Customized Themes: A considerable number of themes are available, which means an extensive range of designs to choose from. Just pick up your blog or website type and choose a theme related to it because if one piece works for others might not work for you. You will not only get the never-ending design options, but the elementor can also help you to customize your site according to your choice.
- Wide range of plugins: More than 57000+ Plugins are available in it; boom! That’s huge, and the most exciting part is most of them are free to use. Here you can even optimize your site speed with the help of a plugin. Most of them are free to use; you don’t need to pay either WordPress or a person to operate them because they are also easy to use.
- Customer support: Instant customer support is not available, which is a compulsion for a beginner because he might have to face many problems at first that need to be answered quickly. But still, you can connect them by submitting a query ticket and waiting for their response. Though they won’t provide you with an instant and quick phone support service, they will still respond to you, and you will have no option other than to wait.
- Low loading time: Another drawback of using WordPress is its loading time. The loading time of any site in WordPress is usually low and takes time compared to others. Most people wouldn’t consider it a con but as we are comparing both Shopify and WordPress SEO features, it’s a drawback that Shopify doesn’t have.
What You Should Look For Before Choosing any Platform For SEO:
Undoubtedly, WordPress is used by more than 45% of websites, but it doesn’t mean you also have too. Because if one feature works for the other, it might not fit for you. So, it’s always good to know which will suit your SEO requirements, either WordPress or Shopify. Either, you are consider WordPress over Shopify or vice versa. Remember, If someone does not provide you with these basic features, you will face trouble and regret having them. This includes;
- Simple redirects, especially 301
- Well optimized URLs
- Ability to customize with title tags and meta description
- Customer support system
- And technical team which could save you from disaster.
So, any of hteh platform with all these key features would be worth considering.
Is WordPress better than Shopify for eCommerce?
Shopify is a dedicated eCommerce platform, but WordPress is far more flexible and convenient. And the answer to which one is better for eCommerce completely depends on one’s needs and budget. Because Shopify is expensive with limited customization opportunities. Meanwhile, to operate a WP site, you need hosting.
Is Shopify easier than WordPress?
Well, both are different because Shopify is an eCommerce platform, and WordPress is for blogging. They can only be comparable once or if you add WooCommerce in WordPress.
Yes, the answer completely depends on the user’s need, but both are user-friendly because you don’t need to learn any coding before operating them.
Which platform takes a parcentage of sales?
WordPress doesn’t take any additional fee on transactions, but you have to pay the cost of hosting, domain and plugins. Meanwhile, this is also an important factor for which people prefer wordpress over Shopify.
So, Which One is Better For SEO – Shopify or WordPress?
To wrap up the discussion of is shopify better for SEO, we must say both have unique SEO features, and if one works for you might not work for others.
All we can say is; if you want to do blogging, then WordPress is a 10x better option, and for eCommerce stores, Shopify could be good to go, but both of these entirely depends on what kind of features and functionalities you are looking for. On the other hand, If WordPress provides you the oppertunity to optimize your site more conviently; Shopify is easy to master tool.
Hopefully, you have already identified the key pros and cons to help you choose between is WordPress, or Shopify better for SEO features. In a nutshell, we must say who wins among them? It completely dpends on user needs. Shopfiy is a go to option if you want to get easy customization; in constrast WodPress is the best option if you want to get more customized features and control over SEO.
If any ambiguity left in your mind, do write in the comment section or feel free to knock out our contact us page available in TOP Menue.